First, my monogram ribbon wreath. This was my original inspiration picture, found on Pinterest of course.
I went into Michaels and while browsing for supplies I discovered this great monogram wreath. My plans instantly changed. I had to make something with this. I knew I could still do the ribbon idea around it and then decided I could wrap the letter (like I previously did with Sophia's yarn letter). I knew I already had some extra yarn at home I could use, so I just needed to pick up the ribbon.
Here's what you'll need:
I lucked out and chose pretty much exactly the right amount of ribbon. I had some extra of two colors of ribbon at home that went with my new ribbon colors, so I used those as well. The thick yellow ribbon I ended up cutting in half, because the knot was too thick. I still used two yellows in a row to make it stand out more. The only one I ran out of was the multicolored pattern ribbon. I had to skip a few spots of it. Otherwise it came out to being nearly perfect, with just a couple leftovers.
So your first step, the most time consuming, is to wrap the letter in yarn. It took me a little while to get it figured out, with the curves of the S. I ended up doing two layers to help even out the curvy areas that had extra layers. I also had some trouble with the serifs. I still don't love the way it ended up, but thankfully the ribbons helped cover up the uneven areas.
The next step is to cut 9" lengths of ribbon and simply double knot them onto the wreath. Pick your color pattern and continue all the way around the wreath. I chose to have solid colors in between my pattern ribbons. Like I said earlier, I used two yellows next to each other. I also used the solid orange twice, other than a few spots when I started to run out. I seemed to have more of that color.
And the final step is to use some of the yarn (or you could use ribbon) to tie a loop to hang the wreath on your door.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and how it stands out from the street!
My next DIY project was the leaf mason jar candle holders. I also found my inspiration on Pinterest.
After reading her tutorial, I realized it wasn't going to work since she said specifically not to use Ball mason jars since the modge podge wouldn't lay evenly over the ridges. Of course that's what I had. So I changed things up slightly and used hot glue instead.
Here's what you'll need:
So all you need to do is pick out the leaves you want to use for each jar. I ended up using three on each, but you could use however many you'd like. Simply hot glue them on in whatever pattern you prefer.
Then cut your raffia ribbon to tie around the top. I believe I cut 18" long sections and then trimmed them down after tying them on. I then cut some slits in the hanging ribbon, just because I liked the way it looked a little better.
And finally, add in some candles. You might notice I picked up some new ones since my last picture. I think these taller ones (pumpkin spice!) look much better than the tea lights I had in my last post.
I linked up this post at the DIY Inspired and Found & Foraged link parties, where you can find tons more amazing DIY projects!